Diet is the major thing in one’s life which leads to his long healthy life or a troublesome life with many disorders. So everyone should know the proper way of taking the food so that they lead a healthy life. A vegetarian diet is one which consists of purely fruits and vegetables with the normal food (rice, bread or rotis).
There are many people who even do not include milk and milk products in the vegetarian diet. There are some arguments that say that milk is needed for the calcium. But the fact is that if the vegetarian diet is properly taken there is no need of milk to get the calcium.
There are many types of vegetarian which includes ovo-vegetarian, lacto vegetarian, ovo-lacto vegetarian, pescetarianism etc. These are people who consume only eggs, only milk, milk and eggs, and the last is only sea foods. There is a misconception that when a person takes only vegetarian food he may be deprived of certain essential nutrients.
But this is not the fact. Yes, vitamin B12 is available only in meat products but recently researchers have found that certain trace of vitamin B12 is also found in soybeans.
Vegetarian diet is a very healthy diet which has many advantages. Let us see some of the advantages:-
- It is much easily digestible than the non-vegetarian foods.
- It is very tasty even without cooking which is not possible in meat products. ‘
- The preparation of vegetarian diet is quite easy.
- It requires much less oil and spices as compared to the non –vegetarian food substances.
- There is no possibility of E-coli infections which is always predominant in the meat and poultry substances.
A person who consumes only vegetarian diet does not get any sort of eating disorders as compared with the non – vegetarian people. A vegetarian diet when properly planned is very good for the health of the people.