Everyone has heard of distilled water as you can easily find it in stores but what exactly is distilled water?
Simply put, it is impure, hard water that is boiled and then converted into vapor. This vapor is condensed further and collected in a clean container while leaving all the impurities behind.
This type of water is considered to be the purest form of water because it contains minimal containments. Drinking this type of water is therefore very common today.
Drinking distilled water can be healthy for you to drink because it will absorb toxic substances and remove them from your body.
If you want to increase the benefits, you can even use a crystal water bottle.
This method is known to provide various extra advantages as it works with the healing energy of crystals and gemstones.
When distilled water is infused with crystal vibrations (crystal-infused water) it gets charged with the healing properties of the stones.
This water can then be very useful for promoting healing and overall wellness.
Most of the beverage manufacturing companies use distilled water to help ensure that their customers get drinkable water that is pure. In addition to drinking distilled water is also used in batteries.
Unfortunately, when it is used to cook with it can take away the necessary nutrients that your body requires so it should not be used for a long duration.
Although there are health benefits with drinking distilled water, you have to be careful that you do not lose the important nutrients that your body requires.
When talking about drinking distilled water you will hear many pros and cons.
- Drinking distilled bottled water can help your body get rid of any mineral deposits that have collected in your joints to help prevent arthritis
- In tap water, you can see microscopic toxins like fungi, protozoa, viruses, and bacteria but there are none of these in distilled water
- Distillation removes chemicals such as chlorine and fluoride from the water but these chemicals are usually added to certain bottled water and tap water
- It will get rid of minerals in your cells, helping to prevent some medical conditions like gallstones
- Distilled water has no calcium, magnesium, and salt that is present in bottled water and tap water. These necessary vitamins and minerals can be gotten through a healthy well-balanced diet
- Consuming an excess amount of distilled water absorbs more carbon dioxide
- Regularly drinking distilled water causes a rapid loss of electrolytes in your body in the long run
- Excluding essential electrolytes such as chloride, sodium, potassium and other certain minerals could lead to having fluctuations in your blood pressure and irregular heartbeats
If you are unsure whether you should or should not drink distilled water for any length of time, it is best to talk to your physician to get their opinion.
Although there are some health benefits of drinking distilled water there is no solid concrete evidence that drinking distilled water is better for you than regular tap water.