Chicken recipes are some of the few protein-rich savory dishes people around the world enjoy best. This is one of the world-famous mouth-watering Italian entrée dishes which definitely satiates every dieter’s appetite without going away from his diet plan. With a few minutes of preparing this dish, this delicious Italian recipe is quickly set and easily enjoyed.
This refined Italian cuisine is normally cooked with red or white wine to have strong flavor. In this version, simple cooking will be made. The time for preparing the ingredients for this dish is about 8 to 10 minutes while the time for cooking is about 20 to 30 minutes. This is good for 4 to 5 servings.
The following are the ingredients in cooking this low calorie chicken recipe:
- 1 tablespoon all-natural olive oil
- 4 175-gram halves of skinless and boneless chicken breast
- 2 cups of fresh white button mushrooms, sliced one-fourth inch thick
- 1 small clove of garlic, crushed
- 4 ounces of apple juice
- 1 can Italian-style tomato plums with juice
- 1/3 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper to taste
The detailed procedure in cooking this simple but flavorful food is as follows:
- Heat up olive oil in a large pan.
- Add the chicken breast and the fresh white button mushrooms.
- In 3 minutes each side, cook the chicken and mushroom in medium heat until the ingredients turn golden brown.
- Add the garlic, salt and pepper to enhance the flavor. Stir until mixed up.
- Place the fried chicken and mushrooms to a side platter.
- Pour the apple juice to the pan and wait for it to boil.
- Remove the brown hardened parts of the previously fried ingredients until the bottom only have a thin lining.
- Add the tomatoes until they are boiled. Using a spatula, stir the ingredients.
- Transfer the chicken and mushrooms back to the pan. Pour the remaining juices on it.
- Add oregano and simmer down the ingredients. Stir continuously.
- Cover the pan until the chicken and the other ingredients are fully cooked. This may take about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken in a serving plate.
- Stir the remaining ingredients in the pan until a little thickened.
- Ladle the sauce over the chicken and serve.
- This dish will be best served with Italian pasta with vegetables and drops of balsamic vinegar.
Each serving contains the following specific vitamin and mineral which make this dish extra healthy:
- Calories: 275 g
- Protein: 42 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 98 mg
- Calcium: 64 mg
- Sodium: 250 mg
Chicken Cacciatore with White Button Mushrooms is best for people who are on a diet as the main ingredients have lots of health advantages to give. It is a common knowledge that chicken is a solid source of protein and only little amount of the hassle fats. With this, the muscle structure and the sculpted figure wants will be truly attainable. Mushrooms, according to recent researches, assist in improving the body’s metabolic processes which eventually help in burning the calories and fats. Also, these are good source of selenium which boosts immunity level. Lastly, the tomatoes are rich in Lycopene which is good for the heart and Vitamin C which enhances the resistance of the body against diseases.
The extra special Italian taste and the health gains every person gets from eating chicken cacciatore with white button mushrooms make this special cuisine a must for dieters who want to eat delicious food while on a diet pattern.
About Andrea – Andrea Albero is an online chef specializing in Italian cuisine. These days, he focuses on making recipes which have low-fat content and healthy ingredients best for people who are on a weight loss plan and figure-improving diet. Take assistance from his website phenterminewars.com to improve your diet plan.